Sunday, January 08, 2006

The First Two Whos

Click here to view video






I edited this video together to show the first two incarnations of The Who; The mod influence in the mid 60's and the psychedelic/coming into their own period in the late 60's/early 70's. The Who in the late 60's/early 70's influenced me the most and is basically what compelled me to create this blog. I also hope that anyone viewing these videos that's not familiar with The Who will gain an appreciation for how they created a style of performing that has since become a rock & roll standard.

Photos from "A Visual History Compiled by Richard Barnes" and "The Who - by Jeff Stein and Chris Johnston/1970-1971. Video excerpts from "The Kids Are Alright."

1 Comments:

Blogger RalphBuckley said...

hey have you run across any extremly rare video's of the 'who' or any band of that era??? Another movie I've been looking to aquire is "Let it be" by the Fab 4...
...as you might of guessed I'm a musician myself...but I'm becoming more and more fascinated with the art of editing video...
do you vlog any other types of video's (personal etc..)???
you must get quite alot of exposure on Freevlog...how did you get that gig???
anyways give a look/listen to what I'm vlogging if you've got the time...and if you have any other vlog address' of projects your involved with...well then, let me know!!!
You've got my attention with that era of music...so I think I'll suscribe to ya's...
(oh yeah, the rolling stones circus in '68 I think had a rare appearance of Lennon and Clapton with Keith Richards and oddly enough Mitch Mitchell on drums...doin 'yer blues' off the 'white album' there is a wealth of material to edit there...

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home